BENEFITS OF ONLINE GIVING FOR YOU AND THE CHURCH
- Faithfully Honoring God. When you sign up to give online you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. God always blesses that kind of faith! The Bible teaches that we are to honor God with the “First Fruits” of our labor (Proverbs 3:9). By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your First Fruits are faithfully given back to God.
- Simplicity. You won’t have to remember whether you gave this month or send in an offering by mail when you’re on a trip.
- Security. We utilize an encrypted secure website for your online records. Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift can’t be lost or stolen.
- Focus. Instead of having to worry about writing a check and filling out an envelope during the service, you can be fully focused on the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
- Helping Lighthouse Church. Online giving is more cost effective for our church to process, and it makes our record keeping much easier.
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE
Use the “Bill Pay” feature of your bank.
You can use the “Bill Pay” feature of your bank to send checks automatically to our church. Just set it up to send checks to our office address at
641 Genesee St. Allentown, PA 18103
Appreciated Marketable Securities are a great way to maximize your giving, because you receive an immediate income tax deduction for the full fair market value of your securities. In addition, you pay no capital gains tax on the difference between your cost and the fair market value.
For more information on giving stocks/bonds/securities to Lighthouse Church email email@example.com.
Financial giving at Lighthouse Church can generally be divided into two categories: tithes and offerings. The Bible teaches us that we worship the Lord with our tithe, which is 10% of our income contributed to the church on a regular basis (Malachi 3:8-12 / Matthew 23:23). When we feel called to give over and above our tithe, we do so as an offering.
The ministry of Lighthouse Church is funded by God’s provision through the tithes and offerings of faithful partners and attendees. At Lighthouse Church, we honor God’s provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability so that the financial integrity of Lighthouse Church remains above reproach.
Our mission is facilitated through our system of internal controls over financial reporting and our internal budgeting and reporting processes. Additionally, Lighthouse Church has an annual financial review performed by an independent accounting firm.
Members of Lighthouse Church may request a copy of our most recent financial statements or ask general questions about our financial practices at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A NOTE ABOUT CREDIT CARDS
While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer rather than credit card for two primary reasons:
Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to go into debt and pay interest on gifts given to the church. We offer the opportunity to donate by credit card as a convenience to those who manage their finances in a God-honoring way.
With electronic transfer, your entire gift goes to the church. When using a credit card, as much as 3% of your gift can go to the credit card company.